Seiten

Donnerstag, 20. August 2009

Roman Cops

Lately I’ve been to Rome and what I saw there inspired me for an alternative carreer: becoming an Italian cop.

Roman cops are constantly bored – no, actually they’re always simply avoiding their cop’s job. Their cars are in dark metallic paint and unmarked – the only revealing thing is that they’re always perfectly polished. Apart from the fact that they never take the flashing blue light off the roof.

I got the impression that they were always waiting – whether something’s happening or not. Leanig in custom-made Armani suits against their Alfa Romeos while gesturing with Prada sunglasses in one hand, an espresso in the other and one of their girls on the celly. Then they ride once around the block and come back to the same place as before - and get their cellys out.

That is what being a cop is about to me.